Undergraduate Teacher Preparation Admissions Criteria
Admission to a teacher preparation program in all undergraduate degrees leading to initial certification in Georgia is separate from admission to KSU. Students should meet with their program advisor to determine appropriate application period and to review any additional admission requirements for their major.
In order to meet the minimum requirements for admission to Teacher Preparation programs, candidates must have
- Completed an online application
- Received a clear background check through CertifiedBackground.com (www.CertifiedBackground.com; package code KE61).
- Completed at least 45 semester hours of accredited college coursework.
- Achieved a 2.75 KSU adjusted or cumulative GPA. In addition, transfer students must also have a 2.75 Education Transfer GPA.
- Completed ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102 with grades of “C” or higher.
- Passed or exempted GACE Basic Skills Assessments (prior to 9/30/13) or GACE Program Admission Tests.
- Registered with the Georgia Professional Standards Commission to obtain a MyPSC account and PSC ID# (https://mypsc.gapsc.org/Register.aspx).
- Completed EDUC 2110* with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Received a positive faculty recommendation from EDUC 2110. Students transferring EDUC 2110 must provide a Supplemental Teacher Recommendation.
- Exhibited responsible, professional behavior in all classes, the field experiences, and interactions with peers and faculty; exhibited potential for success in the program.
- Been approved for admission by the applicant’s proposed degree program if there are additional admission requirements (i.e., Art Education, Foreign Language Education, Health and Physical Education, and Music Education). Consult those departments and program coordinators.
* Or approved High School equivalent
Advisement via Email:
GradEd@kennesaw.edu for advisement electronically.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays Should be made 1 day in advance. Please contact our office at 770-423-6043 for an advisement appointment. We are located in Kennesaw Hall, Building One (Room 1314) Click here for a campus map (pdf)
Where to go on campus:
From the visitor parking lot, you will walk across the campus green (the big lawn) to Kennesaw Hall. Remember that the Kennesaw Hall building (Building #1 on the campus map) consists of Financial Aid and the Registrar’s Office at the round end (glass atrium). Please enter in this side of the building. Upon entering Kennesaw Hall, please walk past the Registrar's Office and Financial Aid and continue 1/2 way down the long corridor/hall and look for our sign Education Student Services. We are located in Room 1314, which is half way down the long hall on your left.