Leadership for Learning (EdD) Frequently Asked QuestionsCOURSES ELECTIVES FAQS OVERVIEW KSU CATALOG
What are the admission requirements for the doctoral program?
Expected qualifications for applicants to be considered for admission will include:
- Completed application and GRE scores (Unofficial scores accepted with application) and transcripts
- Earned Educational Specialist in education or a related field
- Georgia PL-6 or L-6 (or comparable certificate from another state in keeping with
reciprocity agreements and as outlined by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission)
- Current full-time employment as a professional educator with at least five years of teaching and/or administrative experience in P-12 education
- Graduate Aptitude & Achievement Index Score of at least 3500 (Graduate Index Score = GRE Quantitative Score plus GRE Verbal Score times GPA for all post-master’s work. Example = GRE combined score of 1000 x 3.5 g.p.a. = Index score of 3500)
Who should apply?
- Educators holding a clear renewable L-6, or
- Educators who hold a clear and renewable PL-6 certificate
How does this degree impact my certification status?The EdD in Educational Leadership for learning provides for an upgrade to your current certificate.
Does this program yield initial Leadership Certification?
- No, this program is designed for candidates who already hold clear and renewable leadership certification.
- For candidates who hold an Educational Specialist in another field and who do not hold educational leadership certification, we offer the Performance-Based Certification only program (18+ credit hours) which will yield the PL certification required for EdD admissions.
What is the difference in KSU’s program and many “online doctoral programs”?KSU takes a comprehensive approach to the educational maturation of a performance leader and performance-based researcher. KSU understands the importance of a student having the theoretical content background development as a leader. In order to perform respected research, a core base of knowledge is necessary to progress into respected research and analysis. KSU aims to provide the background knowledge to its doctoral students to improve and guide their quality of research. In comparison to many other doctoral programs, KSU students complete the doctoral process in a comparable amount of time as other online programs.