Teacher Leadership Endorsement
The Teacher Leader Endorsement is designed for experienced educators. It is based on distributed leadership concept that calls for the collaboration of teacher leaders and school administrators to improve their schools and student learning at the P-12 level. Instruction will involve the use of a variety of instructional methods including, but not limited to, problem-based learning, modules, case-studies, simulation, field experiences, research and individual projects. Application of learning to school-based issues and problems is a critical component of this applied program. This endorsement is NOT the teacher leadership certification. This endorsement does NOT lead to the initial certification in Teacher Leadership.
Program of Study
- TLED 7101: Critical Analysis of Policy, Theory, & Praxis for Teacher Leaders
- EDL 7305: Data Analysis and School Improvement
- EDUC 7725: Best Practices in Teaching and Learning in Content Field
Graduate Degree Candidates
Currently enrolled KSU students may apply for admission to the Teacher Leadership Endorsement while enrolled in programs that lead to a T-5 certificate or higher.
The Teacher Leadership Endorsement program employs a holistic evaluation of non-degree candidates for admission to the program, which considers the candidate’s teaching or professional experience, prior graduate or undergraduate coursework, the faculty’s belief in the candidate’s likely success in the program, and other factors relevant to the university, college, and program mission. Candidates wishing to obtain the Teacher Leadership Endorsement as non-degree students typically meet the following admission requirements:
- Earned bachelor’s degree in teaching or a closely related field
- Clear, renewable Georgia T-5 certification (or comparable from another state)
- 2.75 GPA on prior academic work
- Letter of Support Form from supervisor (e.g. principal, assistant principal, department chair, or grade level chair)
- Prior P-12 teaching and/or leadership experience
Non-degree candidates completing the Teacher Leadership Endorsement who subsequently wish to transfer credit for the endorsement into a graduate degree program at Kennesaw State University must meet the admission requirements as outlined for that degree; be fully admitted to the degree; and have approval from the program coordinator of the degree program to transfer the non-degree endorsement courses to the program of study. General requirements for applying to graduate study are outlined below; however, specific graduate programs may have additional application requirements.
- Complete the online graduate application
- Submit official transcripts from each college attended, including those institutions where degrees were not earned
- Obtain and submit a copy of Georgia Teaching Certification (clear, renewable) or comparable
- Submit signed Letter of Support Form
- Additional requirements apply for international candidates: http://www.kennesaw.edu/graduate/admissions/intlreqtsnew.html.
Admission Criteria for Unique Cases
To be determined by the program coordinator and admissions committee
The deadline for applications is TBD.
Contact Dr. Arvin Johnson for more information at 470-578-3354 or firstname.lastname@example.org