M.Ed. in Elementary and Early Childhood Education with Endorsements & CertificatesOVERVIEW COURSES FAQS KSU CATALOG
The program is offered online. Each cohort is supported by graduate faculty who mentor the candidates and facilitate program delivery. The program of study schedule is designed to coincide with the public school calendar and is provided in advance so teachers can coordinate educational and personal commitments with program requirements.
Important features of the M.Ed. in Elementary and Early Childhood Education Program:
- Fully online
- No face to face classes
- Completed in 4 semesters
In addition to completing requirements for the M.Ed., candidates also earn an additional endorsement or KSU certificate, further enhancing their marketability in the teaching profession. Opportunities for endorsement or certification include:
- Reading Endorsement
- ESOL Endorsement
- Gifted Endorsement
- Online Teaching Endorsement
- Teacher Leadership Endorsement
- Special Education Certificate
- Tier 1 Leadership Certificate
The M.Ed. in Elementary and Early Childhood Education is designed for candidates who are already certified in Elementary (P-5) and/or Early Childhood Education teachers who wish to continue to learn more about the Education field and improve their instructional practices. The program allows certified teachers in to earn their M.Ed. in 13 months while continuing their career in teaching.
The completion of our M.Ed. in Elementary and Early Childhood Education degree program will upgrade an existing PSC teaching certificate in Early Childhood (B-K), Elementary (PK-5) and/or Special Ed/Elementary (PK-5) from a level 4 to a level 5. Completion of our program will not add the Elementary (PK-5) or Early Childhood (B-K) teaching field/grade level to a PSC certificate. Applicants must hold a current clear, renewable teaching certificate in Early Childhood (B-K), Elementary (PK-5) and/or Special Ed/Elementary (PK-5) to be considered for admission.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - You must hold certification in Early Childhood or Elementary Education to be considered for this program. To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - MUST be sent electronically through the online application.
- These two forms of recommendation MUST come from a Principal, an Assistant Principal, or a Teacher Administrator, such as a Grade-Level Chair or Instructional Lead Teacher or University Faculty members/Administrators.
- Personal Profile - Please see this form for instructions on the Personal Profile.
- Personal Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Please see this form for instructions on the Personal Statement.
- Letter of Commitment - Please see this form for instructions on the Letter of Commitment.
Summer, April 1st
For more information about the M.Ed. in Elementary Education with Endorsements & Certification program, please call 470-578-4885 or email Dr. Roberta Gardner, email@example.com.
For more information on graduate admissions, please call 470.578.6043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.