M.Ed. in ReadingOVERVIEW COURSES FAQS KSU CATALOG
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Reading is for teachers holding a clear, renewable teaching certificate showing reading as a field or endorsement. Taking education and reading courses aligned to their initial level of teacher certification, the program prepares candidates for roles as interventionists, coaches, and program leaders in reading, writing, and literacy instruction.
The fully online program comprises 33 total hours, including a professional sequence of 15 hours that is required of all candidates and a teaching field concentration of 18 hours that will be taken either in the Secondary & Middle Grades Education concentration or the Elementary & Early Childhood Education concentration.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - You must hold certification in Middle Grades or Secondary Education with a Reading concentration, certificate, endorsement, or the equivalent. To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Personal Statement - Can by uploaded into the online application. Should be 1-2 pages and describe your beliefs about education at the secondary level and your professional goals relative to the Master of Education in Reading.
- Personal Resume - Can by uploaded into the online application. Should document education, teaching experience, and your record of leadership.
- Two letters of Recommendation - Can be sent electronically through the online application. Your letters should be from sources that can address your success in teaching, ability for success in graduate study, and commitment to adolescent learners.
April 1 for admission for summer semester - ALL documents must be submitted by the deadline date. Summer semester is recommended for those students who want to finish in five (5) semesters and take two (2) to three (3) classes each semester. Summer semester is also recommended for those pursuing endorsements.
July 1 for admission for fall semester - ALL documents must be submitted by the deadline date. Fall semester is recommended for those students who want to finish in four (4) semesters and take three (3) classes each semester.
For more information about the M.Ed. in Reading program, please call 470.578.2809 or email Dr. Sanjuana Rodriguez, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on graduate admissions, please call 470.578.6043 or email email@example.com.APPLY NOW TO START IMPACTING LIVES