Student Liability Insurance/Background Checks
All partnership school systems require a clear criminal history and one million dollars of liability insurance before placing a student in a school for a field experience. It is the responsibility of the KSU student to acquire a criminal history clearance and insurance coverage in order to participate in the field experience.
Student Liability Insurance Options
- Student Professional Association of Georgia Educator (SPAGE)
- Click here for page.site-ym.com
- Select Membership > Join now > Join as a New Member > Fill out the form [at Function, select College Student] > Select your preference for a college student membership
- Student Membership in Georgia Association of Educators (GAE)
- Click here for gae.org
- Select Membership & Administrative Services > Joining the Georgia Association of Educators > Membership forms and Process > Scroll to - Options to join Student GAE [You can print confirmation by clicking on Check My Membership Status on Student enrollment page.]
- For a step-by-step video, click here.
Background Check Information
The background check information below pertains to foundation course background checks only. Birth to Kindergarten and Elementary Education courses require background checks through Bright from the Start. Visit the CEPP office to begin the Bright from the Start background check process.
Please Note: Some partnership school districts require their own background checks. All additional costs are to be covered by the student. Atlanta Public Schools and Dekalb County Schools require teacher candidates to be fingerprinted and processed through the district’s department of Public Safety. There is an additional cost of the criminal background check is $45.00. Please bring cash or a money order. Checks are not accepted.
Background Checks for EDUC 2110 and EDUC 2120
- Background checks are conducted by Castlebranch, Inc.
- Castlebranch provides results in a secure environment. Once the background check request is successfully submitted, the results will be available in approximately 3 - 5 business days.
- The cost will be $43.50 payable by Credit Card, Check or Money Order.
- Students must pass the background check before visiting partnership schools.
- Video instructions on ordering a background check.
Ordering a Background Check:
You need your KSU ID number, social security number and method of payment.
- Go to www.castlebranch.com, select Place Order, and enter (KE61) in the package code box.
- Select a method of payment: Credit Card, Check or Money Order ($43.50 fee).
- Print, sign and upload all forms before clicking submit. (Disclosure and Authorization Release, Personal Affirmation and Liability Insurance).
- Check your "To do" list to see what is needed to complete your submission. *All documents must be submitted correctly before the background check will be in a completed status.*
- Check status of background check after it has been submitted.
- When background check is completed and passed, two green check marks will appear next
the Background section and the Document Manager section. Other indicators will be
reviewed by the CEPP Director.
For assistance with background check call: 1(888) 723-4263 or email: email@example.com.