Undergraduate FAQ

  • Students should meet with an advisor at least once per semester to discuss their progress through the program and other student resources provided by the university.

  • You may take EDUC 2110 after you have satisfied ENGL 1102. EDUC 2110 requires 15 hours of field experience in a P-12 public school setting, a clear background check, and liability insurance. You do not need to complete all your general education courses before registering for EDUC 2110.

  • Current KSU students should take GACE Program Admission Assessments in the semester in which they are enrolled in EDUC 2110. Transfer students with credit for EDUC 2110 should take the GACE Program Assessment prior to enrollment in their first semester at KSU.

  • Current KSU students should apply during the semester in which they are enrolled in EDUC 2110. Transfer students with credit for EDUC 2110 may apply prior to enrollment in their first semester at KSU.

    Applications are available through the student's Owl Express during an application period. Students do not need to have completed all the teacher education admission requirements at the time of application.

  • Although not required, it is highly recommended that transfer students attend a new student orientation. Transfer students should sign up for an orientation through their Owl Express. Additionally, transfer students should meet with an advisor in Education Student Services (KH 1314) prior to attending the transfer orientation.

  • Kennesaw State University offers 10 undergraduate degree programs leading to Georgia teaching certification. Students pursuing a second bachelor's degree and initial certification from the State of Georgia must fulfill all program and residency requirements.

    KSU offers a non-degree undergraduate Alternative Teacher Preparation (ATP) Program in Foreign Languages leading to P-12 certification in designated foreign languages. Please contact the Department of Foreign Languages at (470) 578-6366 for information.

    For information on the MAT (Master of Arts in Teaching) and initial certification, please see graduate programs in education website

  • 2nd Baccalaureate Students: Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning will be exempt from all general education requirements. Exemption from general education requirements does not waive prerequisite or legislative requirements.

    Transfer Students: KSU considers transfer credit for courses taken at the bachelor level from schools that are deemed by KSU to be properly accredited. Transfer students are encouraged to seek academic advising as soon as possible after acceptance and receipt of their official transfer evaluation.

    For additional information on KSU transfer policies, see http://transfer.kennesaw.edu/what-transfers/transfer-evaluation-practices.php.