The mission of the Student Ambassadors program is to develop student leaders who serve as official hosts of the Bagwell College of Education facilitating events, promoting student engagement, and supporting student success through community outreach and recruitment.
Students will be selected to represent the Bagwell College of Education as Student Ambassadors and serve as hosts at a variety of College- and University-sponsored events, such as career days, recruiting activities, alumni functions, special visitation days, high school student activities, seminars, and receptions. Student Ambassadors engage with potential students, alumni, donors, and community members and play a key role in fostering relationships and promoting a positive, caring, diverse and inclusive culture in the Bagwell College of Education.
Student Ambassadors will:
- Facilitate Bagwell College of Education orientation activities
- Give building tours in the Bagwell College of Education
- Meet with prospective students
- Support outreach and recruitment initiatives
- Provide support at Bagwell events such as open houses, welcome-back events, and other honors and recognition ceremonies
- Engage in promotional social media projects
Student Ambassadors are required to attend monthly meetings during fall and spring semesters, attend a fall retreat in August to plan for the year, and assist with various events throughout the year.
As a Student Ambassador you will develop leadership, communication, and networking skills that will serve you well throughout your educational career. You will receive training and learn all about the resources and facilities available to students at KSU and in the Bagwell College of Education. This position will be an excellent addition to your resume. You will also receive KSU swag to wear when representing the university. Student Ambassadors are well-respected leaders in the college and will have opportunities to provide valuable feedback to college administrators on various topics impacting KSU and the Bagwell College of Education.
How Are Student Ambassadors Chosen?
Each year, outstanding undergraduates are chosen to be the primary student communicators for the Bagwell College of Education and to develop their leadership abilities for future professional education roles. Ambassadors are selected based on their academic performance, personal statement, recommendations, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership potential.
Who is Eligible?
- Undergraduate education or education-interest students enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- 2.75 minimum grade point average
- Enrolled in the university at least one semester
- At least two semesters (fall and spring) remaining before graduation
- A commitment to positively promote the Bagwell College of Education
What Do I Need to Apply?
- A completed application
- Personal Statement – 3 page limit (single spaced), 12-point font
- Why do you wish to be involved in the Student Ambassador program?
- What qualities do you have to contribute to the program?
- What does commitment to the program and to the other student ambassadors mean to you?
- What would you like to learn from the program?
- What are your academic interests and future plans?
- What is your favorite thing about the Bagwell College of Education?
- Two Letters of Recommendations
- Please upload two letters of recommendations. Recommendations should be from faculty, staff, employers, or others who are familiar with your activities, academic performance, and ability to communicate.
How Can I Learn More?
For questions about the Bagwell College of Education Student Ambassador program, please email Dr. Stacy Delacruz at email@example.com.
Please access the application here. Application will remain open until all ambassador slots are filled.
2022-2023 Student Ambassadors
Student NameEducation or Education Interest Major
Vi Tran Huynh