Core Principles & Benefits
Servant-Leadership Philosophy Guiding Core Principles:
- We advocate and promote the concept and core principles of Servant Leadership.
- We strive for full development of each teacher, drawing from educational resources
within and beyond the classroom walls.
- We encourage students to engage and accept the challenges of encouraging students
of all races to strive for personal excellence.
- We promote the training of skilled and caring teacher, who will stimulate, guide and
challenge their students to become leaders and positive role models in their respective
- We support committed, motivated students who desire to make a difference in the lives
of young people.
- We support students who understand the dispositions necessary to be an effective person
- We hold respect, responsibility, accountability, service and support as core values
of the MISTER community.
- We value contributions to society by undertaking opportunities for outreach and service
- We encourage the development of strong networks of support within cohorts through
participation in Call Me MISTER Living Learning Communities.
- We encourage the development of strong networks of support across cohorts through
engagement in intercampus activities (Summits, Leadership Institutes, Summer Internships,
MISTERs will benefit from:
- Financial support through tuition, book, and technology assistance.
- An academic support system to help assure their success.
- A cohort learning model for social and cultural support within the Bagwell College
of Education and through curricular activities specific to Call Me MISTER®.
- Mentorship through Call Me MISTER® and African-American Male Initiative Programs.
- Continuous access to classroom environments during their programs of study through
observation, service-learning, and field experiences.
- Preparation in culturally relevant pedagogy.
- Support and preparation for the GACE Program Admission Assessment.
- Assistance with job placement.
- Official Call Me MISTER® blazer upon graduation.