Congratulations to our KSU TRIO Alumni College Graduates!
Welcome to the Kennesaw State University (KSU) TRiO programs website! The KSU TRiO programs are housed in Paulding County, Dallas, GA. KSU TRiO programs are federally funded, grant awarded programs, which partners with East Paulding High School (Upward Bound Math Science), Hiram High School, (Upward Bound), and Rockmart & Cedartown High Schools (Upward Bound) to provide qualifying students with free state of the art services designed to assist them achieve successful completion of high school graduation, entry into college, the workplace, college graduation, and beyond. We utilize our platform to help students overcome all the barriers preventing their success.
Through KSU TRiO, we believe that every child regardless of background should have the same chance at making a positive impact on his or her community. We provide this opportunity by eliminating the critical barriers to success that many of our children face, thus putting them on a path to:
- Reading proficiently
- Graduating from high school
- Receiving higher education
- Becoming globally competitive professionals
Of the three KSU TRiO programs, the Upward Bound Math and Science (UBMS) program is designed to strengthen the math and science skills of participating students at East Paulding High School. Additionally, the UBMS program helps students recognize and develop their potential to excel in math and science and to encourage them to pursue postsecondary degrees in math and science, and ultimately careers in STEAM professions.
The KSU TRiO Programs mission is to motivate students to achieve their dreams, empower TRiO families to succeed, and enrich our communities. We will serve as a channel in helping students excel in all facets of life.
The KSU TRiO Programs vision is to produce students who will impact their families and communities as a result of their participation in educational, social, and cultural services offered by the program.
The KSU TRiO Programs objectives are to:
- Provide academic instructional skills in Math, Science, Language Arts/English and Foreign Language which will positively impact test scores and grade point averages.
- Assist students with integral tutoring, success coaching, and counseling.
- Expose students to new academic, social, and cultural learning experiences.
- Help students and families with the preparation of college applications and financial aid forms.
- Empower students to successfully graduate from high school.
- Motivate students to enroll in and graduate from an institute of postsecondary education.
The KSU TRiO Programs goals are:
- All students served will have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a four-point scale at the end of the school year.
- All seniors served will have achieved at the proficient level on state assessments in reading/language arts and math.
- All students will continue in school for the next academic year, at the next grade level, or will have graduated from secondary school with a regular secondary school diploma.
- All students will complete a rigorous secondary school program of study.
- All students who graduated from high school during the school year will enroll in at a technical college, college, or university by the fall term immediately following high school graduation, or will have received notification by the fall term immediately following high school from an institution of higher education of acceptance but deferred enrollment until the next academic semester (e.g., spring semester).
- All students who enroll in a program at a technical college, college, or university will attain either an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree within six years following graduation from high school.
On our website, you will find news and updates about our each TRiO programs. If you are from Hiram, East Paulding, Rockmart or Cedartown High Schools and are interested in joining this State of the Art Organization, feel free to contact your Kennesaw State University TRiO Representative. Their information is location on the Meet the Staff Page. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Kennesaw State University TRiO programs are an equal opportunity program.
KSU TRIO Image Gallery