Ed.D. Elementary Education FAQsCOURSES ELECTIVES FAQS OVERVIEW KSU CATALOG
Why should I apply to KSU’s ECE program?
KSU’s ED.S. and Ed.D. in Early Childhood Education are unique for a number of reasons:
- They include coursework and projects that are content-specific to grades P-5.
- Instead of taking generic courses designed for all ages, you will study advanced theory and practice in literacy, mathematics, social studies, science, building classroom community, instructional technology, and other topics, with a focus on elementary grades.
- They emphasize:
- diversity, equity, culturally relevant pedagogy, and social justice
- understanding and appreciating the unique strengths and needs of students
- learner-centered pedagogies
- experiential education that takes powerful educational theories and applies them in practical ways
Are your classes face-to-face or online?
We offer both. Starting in Summer 2015, we will offer a fully online option, in addition to our face-to-face courses. Our instructors have been certified in online teaching through Quality Matters, and all of our courses go through a rigorous evaluation process before they are eligible to be taught online.
I already received my specialist degree. Can I transfer those hours toward your Ed.D.?
You may apply to transfer up to 21 hours from an Ed.S. degree earned at an accredited institution within the last five years. The actual number of transfer credit hours granted depends on several factors including how closely the courses you took match the courses in our Ed.D. program, when you took the course, and the grade you received.
Will I have an advisor?
Yes, you will have an advisor who mentors you. If you pursue your doctorate, once coursework is nearly completed you will choose a dissertation chair and dissertation committee who will support you through your entire dissertation. Your advisor will help you navigate the process.
Will I have to quit my teaching job to earn my degree?
No, all courses during the school year are offered online or in the evening.
Do I have to take the GRE to apply?
Yes, GRE scores are part of our required application materials.
Whom should I contact if I have questions about admission requirements?
You may contact the graduate admissions office at GradEd@kennesaw.edu.