Education Research Library
Research Consortium Archive
Quantitative Methods Resources
Qualitative Methods Resources
See the list below managed by Dr. Iván M. Jorrín Abellán
Workshops offered by the Research Consortium on Qualitative Research Methods
- Steps in the generation of Qualitative Research Designs: (01/29/2016) (02/26/2016)
- Writing and publishing in high impact journals (03/18/2016)
- Qualitative Data Analysis using Atlas.ti (04/22/2016)
- Online Resources for Qualitative Research Collaborative Website
General Resources on Qualitative Reseach Methods
- Interesting Webinars on Qualitative Research
- Data Visualization Catalogue
- The Qualitative Report. Qualitative Research Resources
- The Qualitative Methods Workbook
- Qualitative Research Journals
- The Process of Research Writing (Krause, 2007)
- Writing Commons
- Writing Spaces: Readings on Writing
- Philosophical Assumptions in Qualitative & Quantitative research
- Encyclopedia of Case Study Research
- Sage Methods Map
- DiRT Directory: a registry of digital research tools for scholarly use. DiRT makes it easy for digital humanists and others conducting digital research to find and compare resources ranging from content management systems to music OCR, statistical analysis packages to mindmapping software.
ICT Data collection
- Kobo Toolbox
- How to create a google form
- ILOCA (Interactive Learning Observer for Computer Analysis)
- Ethos (ethnographic observation system)
- Google Chrome transcription App
ICT for transcription
- oTranscribe: Web-based transcription software that helps with youtube videos and audio files.
- EXMARaLDA: It is a system for working with oral corpora on a computer. It consists of a transcription and annotation tool (Partitur-Editor), a tool for managing corpora (Corpus-Manager) and a query and analysis tool (EXAKT).
- Listen N Write: Listen N Write can be used to play and transcribe ordinary audio and video recordings (WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, AVI, MPG, WMV, OGV, FLV, VOB, TS, etc).
- Inscribe: supports multiple languages and has the capacity insert time codes and utilize analysis codes. It is simple to use and very flexible such that the strengths of the user are maximized. You can view a video and transcribe it using one window. One distinguishing feature of InqScribe is its capacity to creating subtitled movies. Why not convert your transcribed work into a movie with subtitles? You can also use a foot pedal for controls, leaving both hands to type. In this way, you get to complete your workload and finish deadlines on time.
- Transcriber Pro: Transcriber Pro is a fast and convenient tool for professional transcribers. Put an end to switching between your media player and Word. Enjoy media player bundled with text editor, timestamps and speaker tagging, playback speed adjustment, fully customizable hotkeys and unique HTML export options (interactive captions with social media widgets.
ICT for Video analysis
- VideoNot.es: Easy way to take notes while watching videos. VideoNot.es lets you watch any video and take notes side by side on the same screen. It also automatically syncs your notes and video. Plus, your notes are stored in Google Drive for easy access and sharing.
Resources regarding Specific Research Traditions in Qualitative Research
- Narrative Research
- Grounded Theory
- Action Research
- Case Study Methods
Create a Qualitative Research Design
Research Consortium Archive
Interactive Research Methods Lab