B.S. in Middle Grades Education FAQs



  • Email your questions to the B.S. in Middles Grades Education Program Coordinator at mgesmge@kennesaw.edu.

  • Education majors are advised in the Teacher Education Advisement Center (TEAC), which is housed in Education Student Services in Kennesaw Hall 1314. You may call Education Student Services at 470.578.6105 or email at BCOE_advising@kennesaw.edu.

  • Candidates can schedule advisement appointments online. Simply select "Education Student Services" from the "Academic Advising" column.

  • Candidates who have completed less than 30 credit hours must meet with their advisor each semester to have the advisement hold removed before registering for courses for the next semester. Candidates are also required to meet with their advisor before submitting their applications for admission to the B.S. in Middle Grades Education Program and to the Yearlong Clinical Experience. Even when not required, it's a good idea to meet with an advisor, at least, once each semester to discuss course prerequisites, scheduling for the next semester, upcoming deadlines, and possible program changes.

  • No. If you have a quick question, you may email Education Student Services at BCOE_advising@kennesaw.edu.

  • All courses for the B.S. in Middle Grades Education program are listed in the undergraduate catalog. Courses that require a field experience or practicum indicate this in their course description.

  • The Yearlong Clinical Experience is an intensive and extensive co-teaching yearlong clinical practice in education. Under the guidance of a collaborating teacher and university supervisor and working in a diverse environment that includes students with exceptionalities and English learners, candidates practice professional competencies that impact student achievement. Candidates remain in their clinical field placement for both fall and spring semesters.

  • No. The Yearlong Clinical Experience cannot be completed during a summer semester. Yearlong Clinical Experience I courses are offered only in the fall semester, and Yearlong Clinical Experience II courses are offered only in the spring semester

  • You should contact Education Student Services at BCOE_advising@kennesaw.edu regarding your specific situation. Alternatively, you may view the entire Program of Study in the undergraduate catalog.