Ed.S. in Special EducationCOURSES FAQs OVERVIEW KSU CATALOG
Next Cohort - Summer 2022 - Not Currently Enrolling
The Ed.S. in Special Education is an online, 27-hour program that prepares candidates to be leaders in the field of special education. The program will prepare candidates to be knowledgeable of critical issues within the field of special education, to engage in critical reflection of their positionalities and epistemologies as practitioners, to understand how historical legacies, legislation, and litigation have served to both include and segregate students with disabilities, and to engage in inquiry based learning as both consumer and producer of research.
Through this program candidates develop the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to serve as learner-centered specialists engaging in real-world solutions to improve the achievement of all learners. Through the cognate and electives, they deepen their expertise in a chosen area of study. The program of study thus provides candidates with the skills necessary to synthesize theory and practice through further examination of theoretically-based curriculum development, understanding of global education issues, and inquiry into making education equitable, democratic, humane, and socially just.
Program of Study
Education and Research Core (12 Credit Hours):
- EDUC 8100: Advanced Study of Learning (3 Credit Hours)
- EDRS 8100: Qualitative Research I (3 Credit Hours)
- EDRS 8200: Quantitative Research I (3 Credit Hours)
- ITEC 7400: 21st Century Teaching and Learning (3 Credit Hours)
Major Requirements (15 Credit Hours):
- INED 8335: Special Education from a Historical Perspective (3 Credit Hours)
- INED 8310: Education Policies: Impact on Special Education (3 Credit Hours)
- INED 7800: Curriculum Theory, Development, and Practice (3 Credit Hours)
- INED 8360: Equitable Education for Diverse Learners (3 Credit Hours)
- INED 8315: Critical Analysis of Collaboration in Schools (3 Credit Hours)
TOTAL: 27 Credit Hours
Please see the KSU Graduate Admissions website for the admission requirements specific to this program at https://graduate.kennesaw.edu/graduate-admissions/admission-requirements.php.
April 1 for summer 2022 enrollment.
For more information please call (470) 578-6043 or Email us at email@example.com.