M.Ed. in TESOL (Online)COURSES FAQs OVERVIEW KSU CATALOG
This fully online M.Ed.in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program enrolls a new cohort of experienced general education teachers each fall. It is structured so cohort candidates complete the 36 credit-hour master’s degree program in six semesters (two years).
No on-campus attendance is required. Online coursework is taught by graduate faculty utilizing technology to provide synchronous and/or asynchronous content delivery, feedback, and supervision as candidates complete field experience at their current work setting.
This advanced program prepares teachers to educate an increasingly diverse population of students in Georgia through inclusive practices.The program of study in TESOL focuses on teaching students who are culturally and linguistically diverse in inclusive environments. The program includes core courses in curriculum development, collaborative practices and content area teaching strategies in reading and writing. Individuals majoring in TESOL receive the ESOL Endorsement after the first 2 semesters in the program. The M.Ed. in TESOL has been approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission and is fully accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Program of Study
- INED 7781 Cultural Issues for ESOL Teachers
- INED 7787: Content Area Reading and Writing for English Learners
- INED 7782 Applied Linguistics for ESOL Teachers
- INED 7783 Methods & Materials for Teaching ESOL
- INED 7779 Collaborative Practices with Families, Schools & Communities
- INED 7731 Assessment of English Language Learners
- INED 7750 Language, Power and Pedagogy
- INED 7763 Curriculum Development for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners
- INED 7741 Teacher Inquiry and Research in TESOL
- INED 7778 Language Development and Literacy for English Learners
- INED 7981 TESOL MEd Practicum
- INED 7790 Critical Inquiry in TESOL
TOTAL 36 Credit Hours
Please see the KSU Graduate Admissions website for the admission requirements specific to this program at https://graduate.kennesaw.edu/graduate-admissions/admission-requirements.php.
For more information about this program please email email@example.com or call 470-578-6043.