Completion of M.Ed., Ed.S. or Ed.D.
Individuals completing an advanced degree through the Bagwell College of Education at KSU, must meet the following requirements and complete the following steps to upgrade their certificate with the PSC.
Each candidate will:
- Have been awarded a KSU graduate degree in education with a 3.0 institutional (adjusted) GPA for all graduate degrees.
- Hold a current PSC, or other state, issued Teacher, Service or Leadership Certificate in the field in which degree program was completed.
- Have submitted an official Kennesaw State University transcript to the PSC.
- Transcripts are ordered through OwlExpress account.**
- Transcripts should NOT be ordered before “Graduate Degree Awarded” appears next to the most recent program of study. Requesting the transcript before shows “Graduate Degree Awarded” appears will result in a transcript issued with coursework completion and not the degree.
- Electronic transcripts should be ordered such that it is sent to the PSC at email@example.com.
- Have completed “Upgrade” application through with the PSC. Located in MyPSC Dashboard, under the “Applications/ Documentation/ Status” button.
- Have completed PSC Personal Affirmation Questions on MyPSC Dashboard. The PSC is requiring Personal Affirmation questions be answered annually, beginning every July 1.
- Have requested employing school system’s personnel/HR office to send the required Employer Assurance form electronically to the PSC. If you are not employed by a public-school system, the $20.00 application fee can be paid through MyPSC account.
** Transcripts may also be requested through the Registrar’s website at https://registrar.kennesaw.edu/transcripts.php.
KSU programs meet requirements for certification in the state of Georgia; additional requirements may exist for certification and upgrades outside of Georgia.