Admission to Yearlong Clinical Experience
Yearlong Clinical Experience (YCE) is the last field requirement completed in Teacher Education programs. Since YCE is field-based, the candidate is expected to follow the direction of the collaborating teacher, the school principal, the KSU university supervisor, and the KSU Director of Clinical Experiences, Placements and Partnerships.
While candidate progress will be monitored throughout the program, a formal progress check will occur when candidates submit their applications for YCE. Formal application to YCE must be completed and submitted to the Clinical Experiences, Placements and Partnerships office. Candidates become eligible to participate in YCE by meeting the following requirements:
- Achieved grades of “C” or higher in all Lower Division Major Requirements (Area F) teaching field and professional education coursework.
- Achieved a 2.75 institutional (adjusted) or cumulative GPA in all coursework at Kennesaw State University.
- Received positive evaluations in all field experiences.
- Have no reports of unprofessional behavior or dispositional concerns in any class, field/clinical experience, and no such reports related to interactions with peers, faculty, and/or staff.
- Possess a Pre-Service Certificate from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC).
- Be approved by the Clinical Experiences, Placements and Partnerships office and the Admissions and Academic Standing Committee of the appropriate program area.
- Met any additional requirements as required by individual programs within Teacher Education.
(The candidate is responsible for being aware of all YCE requirements, including those in specific degree programs.)
Candidates who have met the above requirements are required to complete the followings YCE application steps:
- complete the online application for YCE and print the ‘submission completed’ page
- obtain the signature of their program advisor on the “Advisor Review” form
- obtain the signature of the Director of ESS (The Director ensures all Teacher Education requirements have been met.)
- submit the YCE application to the CEPP office, along with a copy of the candidate’s GaPSC Pre-Service Certificate either in person or email to email@example.com
Applications for YCE must be submitted to the Clinical Experiences, Placements and Partnerships office on or before the deadline dates specified below. The candidate is responsible for adhering to these deadlines. Applications will NOT be accepted after the published deadlines.
Admission to Yearlong Clinical ExperienceApplication Deadline*
Fall SemesterJanuary 30
Spring SemesterSeptember 15
* If January 30 or September 15 falls on a weekend or holiday, the application is due the next workday afterthe weekend or holiday.
Applications are due a semester in advance. For example, candidates desiring to participate in YCE in the fall semester must submit completed applications by January 30th of the previous spring semester. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
Failure to complete all steps will void a candidate’s application, resulting in ineligibility for placement during the semester in question. Placements will not be requested until the full application process is complete. Any exceptions to this ruling must be submitted to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies using a late placement request form provided by CEPP.
(Exceptions are only made in extenuating circumstances and must be approved by the Program Coordinator, the Department Chair and Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies. These requests must be hand delivered and not emailed. A program coordinator, Department Chair and/or Associate Dean may request a meeting with candidates who are seeking late placements. See CEPP for details if needed.)
While candidates should have read and become familiar with all field and clinical placement policies once they were admitted into Teacher Education, candidates should review these policies once they submit their YCE application. Please see the following link for field and clinical placement policies: http://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/centers/cepp.