The Bagwell College of Education is preparing professional educators who are Impacting Lives. While you are engaged in the college experience, we want to make it as pleasant and efficient as possible. Bagwell has taken great care to develop challenging programs that will help you face the challenges schools face today. This is the Bagwell One-Stop Shop to important information for undergraduate students and graduate students. Remember, your academic advisor is the best source of information about your academic program.
Undergraduate Students Resources
- JOIN THE Educators of Tomorrow Student Organization!
- Educator Certification
- Undergraduate Catalog
- Advisement (ESS)
- Student Handbook
- Center for Education Placements & Partnerships
- anthology Portfolio (Formerly Chalk & Wire)
- Student Organizations
- Writing Center
- Noyce Scholarship
- BCOE Research Consortium
Graduate Student Resources
Graduate Student Policies and Procedures
Doctoral Student Policies and Forms
- BCOE Doctoral Policies and Procedures Handbook
- Doctoral Forms -- All doctoral forms must be initiated by the student’s advisor or dissertation chair.
Academic Resources for Graduate Students
- Anthology Portfolio (Formerly Chalk & Wire)
- Education Library Portal
- Graduate Librarian
- Graduate Writing Program at the KSU Writing Center
Doctoral Dissertation and Research Resources
- BCOE Award Winning Dissertations—The BCOE Outstanding Dissertation Award winning dissertations can be found in the Digital Commons repository.
- BCOE Outstanding Dissertation Award—The award is presented annually to a doctoral student whose dissertation exemplifies high-quality empirical educational research.
- Digital Commons -- Follow the directions at the Digital Commons to upload your dissertation.
- Dissertation Deadline Dates—Deadlines for graduation, dissertation drafts, dissertation defense and submission to digital commons are listed in this document.
- Dissertation Outline Example- This is a sample outline for a dissertation. Students should consult with their advisors for specific guidance.
- Education- Dissertation –A library guide to the dissertation process for Ed.D. students.
- Faculty Gallery of Experts—Descriptions of BCOE faculty’s discipline and research interest.
- Faculty Google Scholar Gallery—List of BCOE faculty with links to their publications.
Doctoral Dissertation and Research Resources (continued)
- Hopscotch—An interactive online tool to help you create each part of your research design
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) All doctoral students who are involved in human subjects research are required to complete human ethics training via the CITI Online Training program and have an approved IRB prior to conducting research. You will need to complete the Social & Behavioral Research Investigators training module.
- Interactive Research Methods Lab (IRML) The IRML offers physical and virtual spaces with tools to help users develop research designs. You may also take a 360 Virtual Tour of IRML.
- Literature Review for Ed.D. Dissertations –A step-by-step library guide for creating a literature review for a dissertation.
- Research Consortium-- The Research Consortium offers doctoral students methodological support in planning and implementing their research
Financial Aid, Graduate Assistantships & Scholarships
Services for Graduate Students